Sunday, February 28, 2010

Taco Bake

On a busy day a few years ago, I needed to come up with a quick dinner.  My family loves tacos, although I didn't have shells or taco seasoning in the pantry.  So with the indredients I had on hand , I created the following recipe, and it's been a family favorite ever since.

Taco Bake
1 lb. ground beef
1 16 oz. jar of chunky salsa
1 ½ cups shredded cheese
1 tube crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook beef and drain, add salsa and simmer on low. While meat is cooking, pat crescent rolls into an 11 x 7 baking pan. Cover bottom and about ½ inch up sides of pan, prick dough with fork and bake about 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven, top with cooked meat mixture and layer shredded cheese on top. Return to oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.

Serve with your favorite taco toppings, such as chopped tomatoes, onions, lettuce and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment